Welcome

Being unemployed gives you time to think. It is a rare opportunity to reflect on who you are, and who you plan to become. Financial difficulty is a life defining experience when faced with homelessness. I have a belief that everything happens for a reason. Having a chance to live outside of and observe a system we strive to be a part of, which will eventually destroy us gives life a new perspective. At times deep in thought I remind myself that the test of success is graded in your ability to face failure. As a young man aspiring to be a rapper I often wrote of my fear of failure, and my desire to succeed. It wasn't until age 30 on a windy October day that I embraced the idea; stagnation is like dying, all successes in life, love, and finance involve risk and accountability for your actions. The fear of failure is the same as the fear of success.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Uncompromised


As I sit here pouring my soul into this last letter 
Realizing how much I loved you 
In the morning i'll be gone 
If your lust ever equaled my love 
The magic in your heart 
Should animate this collage of ink and tears 

Satires on canvases of fantasy 
You have become quite the artist 
You fancy yourself fancy 
I remember simpler days 
Back then a caged animal 
Pouring salt into its own wounds 
Howling because the agony was music 

There is something tame about you 
Broken looks of wild turning into eyes of askance 
Your fangs the broken keys on that old typewriter 
I told you I would always love you 
I'll be gone in the morning 
Watching you die is killing me 

While you are sleeping I will leave you this letter 
If you have found sanity in writing 
I hope you lose every page you've ever penned 
Forget everything you think matters 
Where is the you that taught me to respect the wild 
There is nothing more beautiful than a predator in the hunt 

Dear UNtitled how could I have tamed you 
I hope your wounds become rancid 
I remember when the devil cowered beneath your gaze 
I am leaving you in the morning 
I will not watch a wolf become a house dog 
Pain and discomfort fill my prayers 
I hope this kills you 
So you can be stronger 
Goodbye

1 comment: