Welcome

Being unemployed gives you time to think. It is a rare opportunity to reflect on who you are, and who you plan to become. Financial difficulty is a life defining experience when faced with homelessness. I have a belief that everything happens for a reason. Having a chance to live outside of and observe a system we strive to be a part of, which will eventually destroy us gives life a new perspective. At times deep in thought I remind myself that the test of success is graded in your ability to face failure. As a young man aspiring to be a rapper I often wrote of my fear of failure, and my desire to succeed. It wasn't until age 30 on a windy October day that I embraced the idea; stagnation is like dying, all successes in life, love, and finance involve risk and accountability for your actions. The fear of failure is the same as the fear of success.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Asshole Toast

And I always find yes I always find something wrong
You've been putting up with my shit for way too long
It seems I always find what I don't like the most
So I think its time for us to have a toast
 
To Malik Shabazz
Who would burn down his own block
To block anyone from having anything
American dreams come full circle circa the 60s
Threatening the same actions that began our twisted descent in the first place
Welcome to the birth place of broken yesterdays and forgotten tomorrows
 
Cheers
To the whitest white men who count their black friends on 1 hand
After careful thought
Defining those relationships as crossed paths in the hallways,
I held the door for him a few times on better days
We went out for drinks after work once

Thanks
Should be offered up like praise to every whitey who writes or says they aren't racist
That disclaimer
Is the ticking time bomb of your tell tale heart
It mimics the hippty hop you hate so much
We already know you not racist
You just inadvertently hate on us
 
Pour out a little liquor
For little niggas everywhere of course it’s not a race issue
Manny Magnum is Mexican
It’s ok to kill a hoodlum in a hoodie as long has he got black skin
He was walking like he was drunk
Got suspend for marijuana residue
And had a can of spray paint
He deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell
 
And I always find yes I always find something wrong
You've been putting up with my shit for way too long
 
Politicians to who do shit and are quick to blame the other guy
Brother I don't know why
We do the things we do
Using bonds to pay back other bonds robbing peter to pay Paul,
And Jesus, and Joseph and Mary maybe we should just pray about it
I got a better idea how about every church in the city donate their building fund
 
Masseltof
Pastors stingy as Jews fuck your temple they praise Chase bank
Let the roof cave in on that bitch
God ain’t ever dwelt in no building anyway
We could balance our cities budget off one Jordan release
And Jordan and even from Detroit
And he doesn't wear ball caps much less one with an old English D
Nigga fuck yo fitted you can't even put gas in your tank
 
Thanks
To Mayor Bing for taking the blame on all this shit
You voted that sneaky side dealing mother fucker into office
Under the auspice of fixing shit
As if he could fix a failing economy in 1 night
Thick ass glasses and still can't see how to make the buses run right

Pour out a little liquor
For 3 babies who all been shot this month
For a gas station murder in broad daylight cold blooded over a box of blunts
Ya'll forgot what happened at home
Fuck a Florida somebody go find them girls in them trunks
We are quick to gather fast to talk, slow to act, fuck a poem

Malik Shabazz can say what the fuck he wants, but that nigga ain't got the heart to carry matches in his pocket with a gasoline shirt on and hug his own house.  I'm tired of hearing about warriors with words the only thing worse then an uncle tom is a sambo that don't know he is one.  Most of you are all talk and then some

And I always find yes I always find something wrong
You've been putting up with my shit for way too long
It seems I always find what I don't like the most
So I think it’s time for us to have a toast
 

Cheers Detroit

1 comment:

  1. ...This should have BEE penned by you dude

    Exceptional...

    ...Write on UN!!!

    ReplyDelete