Welcome

Being unemployed gives you time to think. It is a rare opportunity to reflect on who you are, and who you plan to become. Financial difficulty is a life defining experience when faced with homelessness. I have a belief that everything happens for a reason. Having a chance to live outside of and observe a system we strive to be a part of, which will eventually destroy us gives life a new perspective. At times deep in thought I remind myself that the test of success is graded in your ability to face failure. As a young man aspiring to be a rapper I often wrote of my fear of failure, and my desire to succeed. It wasn't until age 30 on a windy October day that I embraced the idea; stagnation is like dying, all successes in life, love, and finance involve risk and accountability for your actions. The fear of failure is the same as the fear of success.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Kingdom of Dreams

If sleep is the cousin of death
Am I its incestuous bedmate
Dreamer parallel drawn
I am the real worlds smoker, snorter, shooter
Call me addict

Windmill slayer
Don Quixote chasing dragons like
Spanish Harlem whores
In a fog of what may be
While what is becomes frayed image
Of television before high definition

Oh the irony
Street lamps become hazy moons
Corners become the tips of oil lamps
Women are just genies in a bottle
What planet do we reside on
I've never seen so many moons

Clock ticking becomes a psychedelic cadence
Jimmy Hendrick's drummer turns Picasso
He paints me the sound of the color blue
It feels like felt laid over concrete
Soft but firm
Like her voice

She always asked me if I was listening
What kind of dreamer answers that question
Her suitcase folded in on itself
Like buildings as my earth shook
Somewhere between first thought and deep breath

How long had she been standing there
Waiting for the world to spin
She should have never given it to me
That's the problem with reality
People always think it’s so real

It is no more tangible then the air we float on
In superhero slumber flying in our sleep
Using our unconscious minds to levitate
Before leviathan mothers wake us from our inception
The world will tell you that you are wrong

Sleep is the cousin of death
If we are all Kings and Queens of our sand castles
And time is only as constant as a tide
We must choose an incestuous heir
Before we are washed away

To be pure
And to maintain
Our dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment