Welcome

Being unemployed gives you time to think. It is a rare opportunity to reflect on who you are, and who you plan to become. Financial difficulty is a life defining experience when faced with homelessness. I have a belief that everything happens for a reason. Having a chance to live outside of and observe a system we strive to be a part of, which will eventually destroy us gives life a new perspective. At times deep in thought I remind myself that the test of success is graded in your ability to face failure. As a young man aspiring to be a rapper I often wrote of my fear of failure, and my desire to succeed. It wasn't until age 30 on a windy October day that I embraced the idea; stagnation is like dying, all successes in life, love, and finance involve risk and accountability for your actions. The fear of failure is the same as the fear of success.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Day

Sometimes I drift like paper airplanes
Fly like God but we aren't the same thing
And it’s a damn shame
I shouldn't say his name off in these sentences
Bad decisions lead to paying penances
It’s not worth it

I pen letters asking Jesus what the business is
Then mama wash my mouth out
Teach me a lesson
These words became a leap of faith
She blocked my blessing
That’s how I left it

And I'm guessing that its alright
I been waiting for my whole life
What’s another night waiting on my hand to write

Its a new day
I'm flying North I watch the sunrise
Life so beautiful even I can see it sometimes
I'm so jaded
So naked and that’s the truth spiritually
Always there but you never seem that near to me

How can I expect it
And yeah I want you for myself
Sharing hurts selfish always helps
God tell me is it worth it then
All I see are Judas' faking friends
Jesus loved them when they all hated him
Who should I put my strength in then

You're the one that told me not to judge
Lord the scars don't really feel like love
Is this affection
Cause its afflicting me
I feel constricted
Maybe cut the binds and let me free

No comments:

Post a Comment